DrHookOfficialDR HOOK Starring Dennis Locorriere

The place where DL speaks his mind!
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DL13

DL~
I teasingly mentioned some months back that I was looking at a 'literary venture', but, at that point, it was only in the discussion stages.
As it has now been confirmed, I can tell you all about it.
I'll start at the beginning...
Earlier this year I received an email from a publishing company called Indigo Dreams.
They said they'd read some of the poems on my blog space and asked what I would think about putting together a collection of them.

I have to be honest, it's not something I would have pursued on my own.
I couldn't ever see me actually submitting them to anyone in hopes of having them published, but, here I was being asked if I wanted to do just that.
I sent them over 70 pieces, many of which, it was decided, will be included in the book.
I also mentioned the possibility of sprinkling some of my cartoons throughout the pages.

I sent them a healthy selection of my drawings, which they agreed would make a nice addition to the book.
So, that's where it stands now.
The book will be titled Whatever's Burning Now and should be available in shops and at the merchandise table, just about in time for my Spring solo tour.
This is a totally new direction for me, and certainly one that appeals immensely to my love of wordplay.
I'm not sure where something like this might lead, but that blank page is one I am looking forward to filling in.
We're now in the artwork and layout stages.

I will give you more details when I have them, but, for now, how f8cking cool is this??? ~

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Dennis Locorriere Dennis Locorriere