DrHookOfficialDR HOOK Starring Dennis Locorriere

The place where DL speaks his mind!
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DL13

DL~
I tend to wrongly associate this date, March 5, with the Ides Of March, when, in fact, the ides of any month falls on the 15th.
According to the Romans anyway.
The Ides Of March.
The fateful day of which Julius Caesar was warned, by a soothsayer, to BEWARE!
Turned out to be right.
Murdered.
Even worse, betrayed.
Death seems like it would be a walk in the garden after dealing with betrayal.
So, what is a sayer of sooth?
Why isn't it 'truthsayer'?
I should look that up.
I probably also confuse it with May 5th, Cinco De Mayo.
I have no idea what that day signifies but it's always seemed like a good excuse to slug down bottle after bottle of Dos Equis, for those who are inclined to do that sort of thing.

So much is going on.
To be honest, the majority of it involves administration and production at the moment.
There will be something to handle or deal with do right up until the first "Ladies and gentlemen...DR HOOK!!!" In New Zealand.
Dates are starting to sell out or getting down to the last tickets in various places with time yet to go.
That's what we wanna see!

I'll be on the Johnnie Walker programme this afternoon on BBC2.
3pm I believe.
Given that the show is called Sounds Of The 70s I tried to oblige with bits about 'the good old days' but also did my best to stay rooted in the present tense.
Johnnie makes it easy.
He's a good guy.
We just talk.
I've had the pleasure of his company in a social setting as well as a professional one and Johnnie feels like a 'friend'.
Anyway, tune in if you want to hear me rabbit on in my usual way about whatever comes up.
We'll also be playing some of my favorite tracks from the 70s.
I was asked to choose half a dozen songs out of a decade of music and it wasn't easy.
I went with the ones that immediately popped into my head when I thought of that era.

Life is funny, isn't it?
So, shouldn't we be laughing more?!? ~

Found this:
The origins are straightforward: a soothsayer is someone who says sooth. Sooth is an archaic word meaning "truth" or "reality" that dates from Old English and was used until about the first half of the 17th century. Soothsayer itself has been documented in print as far back as the 14th century.

And:
Cinco de Mayo is a celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's unlikely victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.
In the United States the date has become associated with the celebration of Mexican-American culture.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Dennis Locorriere Dennis Locorriere