DrHookOfficialDR HOOK Starring Dennis Locorriere

The place where DL speaks his mind!
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DL13

DL~
Still listening to a lot of Bowie.
So much to be discovered, especially if you weren't paying particular attention before.
The Nothing Has Changed compilation is brilliant.
Three discs of music spanning an entire career, beginning at the end and closing with his earliest tracks.
If you want to listen to Bowie but can't decide which period to delve into this set has everything.
I've played disc 1 over and over.
I love Everyone Says Hi from the Heathen album, also a new favorite.
There's also 2 disc version of NHC, but why not just go for the whole shebang?

We will be sending out a newsletter soon with complete details on how you can submit a request to be part of an exclusive pre-show meet and greet with me and the band on the UK Timeless Tour.
This will require you to be signed up to the newsletter.
Absolute proof of ticket purchase must be provided.
Each person entering must provide an individual email address.
But, as I said, full terms and conditions will be detailed in the next newsletter.
If you're not signed up you can go to http://www.dennislocorriere.com/Newsletter-Sign-Up.html and do it now so you will be included in the next mail out.

Will be embarking a little out of country promotional traveling next week.
I'll say more when there is more.
That's all for now.
Hope everyone is (1) well and (2) happy and (3) as busy as they can stand without it adversely affecting (1) and (2). ~

DL13

DL~
Want to take a few minutes to pay tribute to Sir George Martin, legendary producer of The Beatles and so many other artists, who has passed away at 90 years old.
In the late 70s Dr Hook was being considered to record a song to be used in a film called Honky Tonk Freeway, an It's A Mad, Mad World kind of a wild comedy featuring lots of stars and cameos.
The song was You're Crazy But I Like You.
The title seemed to suit us down to a tee.
George Martin was overseeing all the music for the film and he came down to the studio in Muscle Shoals, where we were recording, to meet us.
He was a very charming guy.
Funny, personable and, most impressive, extremely humble about his position in the history of the music business.
We all went to lunch and I remember someone asking him if he and the lads knew what they were accomplishing at the time or if they were just doing whatever came next.
I jumped in before he could reply and said that I hoped like hell they knew what they were doing because I had worn every hairstyle and grown every facial hair configuration they had.
Sir George laughed until he was red in the face at that, which really tickled me.
What he went on to say was a revelation.
He said he was the luckiest man in the world to have been put together with such a talented bunch of boys and made a point of saying that they made his career and not the other way round.
You should have seen the incredulous expression on our producer's face.
Priceless!
It screamed 'Oh my goodness, PLEASE don't let these guys know they matter!!!'.
Teefuckinghee.
As it happened we didn't end up recording the song - never found out why but I can take an educated guess - and the film was not a big success.
But meeting George Martin, the producer of the biggest and best band in the world, was a highlight of my professional life, especially to find he was a gentle soul, dripping with humility even tho he had a standing like no other in the industry.
I saw him again on a BBC radio show we were both doing several years ago and mentioned the Muscle Shoals meeting.
I wasn't convinced he actially remembered that day but he was certainly gracious and diplomatic about it all.
RIP George Martin.
I truly would not be doing what I do if he hadn't done what he did. ~

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Dennis Locorriere Dennis Locorriere