DrHookOfficialDR HOOK Starring Dennis Locorriere

The place where DL speaks his mind!
Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
DL13

DL~
It doesn't look like I'm going to adjust to the time zones we've been traveling in and thru this time.
Still waking up every few hours.
My sleep habits are a bit like that when I'm home but, there's the key word - home.
When I'm surrounded by my own stuff, in a familiar environment, I have the choice of getting up, puttering around, having a bite to eat without having to order from room service or showering, getting dressed and going down to the restaurant.
I have films I can watch, music I can listen to or simply sit on my sofa, knowing I'm where I live.
Hotel rooms are functional.
A place to sleep, with a TV, desk, toilet, shower and usually a chair or couch to plop down into when lying in or on a bed makes me restless.
No matter how many times I wake up in the middle of the night on the road I'm instantly aware that I'm in transit.
Somewhere for a short period of time, having to make sure that whatever I have with me has to be packed and ready to move to the next functional space.
My phone and iPad are my sole links to somewhere other than where I am at that very moment.
Don't get me wrong.
I know it's the only way to do what I do and I'm grateful I can afford to put myself and the people I travel with in pretty comfortable places while we're out here.
It's pushing 8:30am.
I have a choice of going back to sleep for a bit or deciding if breakfast appeals to me.
It often doesn't.
It's at this point I usually think about all the wonderful folks who come to the shows and make us feel like we're in the right place, at the right time, giving this nomadic, irregular existence purpose.
Thanks for that, everyone. ~

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Dennis Locorriere Dennis Locorriere